The Caribbean Training and Education Center for Health (C-TECH) is a locally registered organization with its headquarters in Jamaica. C-TECH’s mission is to partner with government, academic, and civil society organizations to support strong health systems and a skilled and empowered health care workforce to improve the health of communities within the Caribbean.
C-TECH supports countries in the region in their efforts to successfully address health workforce and health system challenges. C-TECH has been implementing innovative, locally driven healthcare Programmemes in the Caribbean for the past 17 years, focusing on health systems strengthening, developing health workforces and strengthening the response for people with non-communicable diseases.
We are seeking an organized and detail-oriented individual to join our Operations team as a Programme Officer. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating the E-Learning Programmes, as well as communications and organisational strengthening activities.
· Continue to implement C-TECH’s E-Learning Strategy and revise as needed.
· Follow up with LMS vendors to ensure smooth functioning of the LMS
· Review LMS reports using Moodle reporting tools and Microsoft Excel
· Serve as back up to help students to enroll/create accounts; help with access problems (e.g. password reset); assist with issues fulfilling assignments
· Coordinate all E-Learning courses including the University of Washington Global Health E-Learning (eDGH) courses.
· Support the team with the implementation of the weekly Virtual Clinical Community of Practice.
· Support Key Population Preceptorship (KPP) Web Module implementation
· Coordinate KPP training sessions
· Collaborate with staff and other stakeholders to identify training needs and suggest E-Learning solutions to meet those needs, as needed.
· In collaboration with content experts, instructional designer and graphic designer, manage the development and implementation of courses, as needed.
· In collaboration with the M&E Advisor, coordinate and administer the monitoring and evaluation of all Learning Programmes through assessments, surveys, and evaluations.
· Coordinate the development of marketing and promotional materials related to learning programmes and initiatives.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendor to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all communication channels.
· Coordinate all partnership building activities.
· Support the Executive Director with the preparation and review of reports to the Board of Directors and other stakeholders.
· In collaboration with the Resource Mobilization team, identify potential funding opportunities, and support the development of grant proposals.
· Serve as administrative contact for sub-award management.
· Facilitate knowledge sharing and learning events for staff to enhance the capacity of the organization.
· Ensure staff occupational health, safety, security and emergency response.
· Any other related duties assigned.
Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor or required to meet the needs of the position.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education, or a related field. A Master’s degree would be an asset.
· Minimum of 3 years of work experience in E-Learning programme coordination, or related roles.
· Familiarity with Moodle Learning Management Systems would be an asset.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and project management skills to effectively manage multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing requirements.
· Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a keen attention to detail.
· Familiarity with communication tools and platforms.
This position offers the flexibility to work remotely for a few days per week. While remote, you will be expected to maintain regular communication and collaboration with team members through online communication channels and video conferencing tools. Travel will be required for team meetings, trainings and partnership-related activities.
C-TECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, C-TECH encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability, and age. C-TECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Complete Terms of Reference for the position are available at: https://ctech-caribbean.org/careers/
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, August 16, 2023. We appreciate all applications. Current employees of the Ministry of Health and Wellness are not eligible to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.