The impact of COVID-19 on health care workers has been severe — them having to bear a high burden of stress. Health care workers have had increased workloads and have been exposed to multiple psychosocial stressors. Therefore, greater focus is needed towards the strengthening of health care systems, with attention to the health workforce and their mental health and wellbeing.
It is against this background that C-TECH is offering a range of mental health support services to COVID-19 frontline healthcare workers. The services are designed to respond to the mental health needs of MOHW staff by providing counselling support, mental health digital solutions, on-demand in-person support services and daily wellbeing tips.
The program is open to all health and social care staff, however, healthcare workers involved in HIV treatment, care and support and or are dealing directly with COVID-19 patients will be specifically targeted. You can self-refer or refer a colleague (with their consent). The service is confidential and free of charge for all health and social care staff.
The initiative is funded Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and PEPFAR and implemented through a partnership agreement with International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH).
• Access to a trained mental health professional via telephone or Zoom.
• Access to a trained mental health professional for in person sessions on weekdays.
• Referrals for longer-term therapy needs will be provided as needed.
• Online chat service available 24 hours/day for scheduling appointments.
• Daily well-being tips and care messages.
• Providing referrals to agencies that specialize in handling emergencies.
• Monthly mental health webinar and discussion community.
• Job aides and other supportive materials
• Materials for supervisors will also be developed to ensure onsite support for frontline staff.
If you have recently accessed one of the services offered, please complete the following survey and provide feedback on your experience. This will help us to identify any service improvements needed and also measure the impact of the program.
C-TECH helps healthcare workers find resources and support to manage burnout and maintain good mental health during these challenging times. Designed by our expert team of health professionals, our services are user friendly, easily accessible, and confidential.