We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance and Administrative Assistant to join our team, supporting our Executive Director and the activities of our busy Finance unit.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will provide support to the finance team and provide general administrative support to the Executive Director. Duties include:
- Reviewing payment vouchers to ensure proper supporting documents are attached and for completeness.
- Liaising with vendors to obtain outstanding invoices and addressing discrepancies.
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Preparing statements for vendors when requested.
- Verifying purchases by signing delivery slips and ensuring that goods meet the required standard without the office attendant. Paying vendor bills in QuickBooks.
- Dispatching all payment advice to vendors.
- Maintenance of virtual filing system to include payment vouchers, financial statements, and journals.
Month End Tasks:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly audit schedules and identifying items to be journalized.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual procurement plan
General Administrative Duties:
- Provide support to the Executive Director including, scheduling of appointments and calendar management.
- Support the organization of meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions, preparing the conference room for meetings and all related logistics.
- Provide logistical support by booking accommodation and other travel-related activities.
- Maintain an efficient filing system.
- Replenish the office with office supplies.
- Any other duties assigned.
Required Education, Training & Experience
- University diploma in Business Administration or Business Management or Accounting or related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience in an administrative position.
- Experience working in a project or faced paced environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience in organizing meetings, workshops and desired training sessions.
- The ability to work on a team.
Complete Terms of Reference for the position are available at: https://ctech-caribbean.org/careers/
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, October 22, 2021. We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.